I access a msyql server (apache/mysql/php) from my w2k workstation using
phpMyAdmin. I do not have command line access.
When I use the link to load a local data file it responds that it is not
allowed. I read the mysql docs and see it is now disabled by default.
In 4.2.4 one paragraph says "If you don't configure MySQL with
--enable-local-infile, then LOAD DATA LOCAL will be disabled by all
clients," and just below that in another paragraph it says "By default,
all MySQL clients and libraries are compiled with --enable-local-infile".
Which is it? Default with or without? Evidently it defaults to not
enabled. The server is running MySQL-3.23.52.

I have added local-infile = 1 to my.cnf in the [client], [mysqld] and
[mysql] sections. This has not helped at all.

How do I run phpMyAdmin to give me the ability to upload a local data file
to a mysql
server that doesn't allow this?
thanks,
--
Chip Wiegand
Computer Services

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
--Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment
Corporation, 1977
(Then why do I have 8? Somebody help me!)