Victoria Reznichenko wrote:

On Friday 04 April 2003 15:37, Grégoire Dubois wrote:

In the following table, I declare ID as a PRIMARY KEY.  Is it then
necessary to add the parameters NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT?

CREATE TABLE company (
   ID INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,

name VARCHAR(30),

admin_ID INT,

   PRIMARY KEY ID,
   INDEX admin_ID,
);

Or can I just declare the table like that? Does creating a primary key
on an int immediatly involve this one to be not null, and to
auto-incrИment?

NOT NULL - yes, but if you want to have AUTO_INCREMENT column you should declare it as AUTO_INCREMENT.

Thank you very much for your reply.
But I read that a PRIMARY KEY is a "globally unique identifier" for a table. As it is an identifier, it should never be null (ok, that's what you said), and it should be unique... Then, if I don't set AUTO_INCREMENT to my column ID, it still should be unique, and then increment itself... No?