From: Tom Johnson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 26 June 2003 14:23
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Need your help in a search query

Hi MySQL Experts,

I am pretty new at this and need your help in figuring out if it is possible
to create a query to search for words in a given field.  What I am trying to
do is allow a user to enter words to search for a given title in the
database.  For example, a person is looking up the title "20,000 Leagues
Under the Sea" but is entering only "20000" as the search criteria.  When I
run the following query, I get no results.  The problem is with the comma in
20,000.  Any suggestions on how to find the title even though the user only
entered 20000???  I am running this on the web using PHP and MySQL.
Possible someone knows of a good search script in PHP that might help also?

Here is the query I was trying to run:

SELECT * FROM ardata
WHERE title LIKE '%user_input%';

I am using MySQL 4.0.13 and PHP 4.3.2