----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Stone" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2003 1:34 PM
Subject: Comparison Operators?

> I'm having a lot of trouble with a simple query.  Does anyone have any
idea
> why this might not be working?
>
> The query:
>  SELECT * FROM `asio_linkpop_queries` WHERE `domain` =
> 'www.legendsandlore.com' AND `date` > 1056957929
<snip>
> I have checked and double checked the database name and the table name.
The
> query is not invalid and is returning no error.. so it's defiinitely
> working.  It's just not returning the data for some reason.
>
> Your help is greatly appreciated.
>
> - Kevin

Well I found the problem.  I was doing this in my script...

$result = mysql_query($query, $db) || die("Query failed.");

Apparently codeing the die() function to execute when $result == false in
this way makes the mysql_query() function not work correctly.  When I
removed the die() function and moved the error handling to a separate
conditional statement the query finally worked.

- Kevin