From: Nils Valentin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: 07/11/03 06:34 PM
To: Nestor Florez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: What's up with this GATOR crap?

> Hi Nestor,

excuse me for my words, but what you write is crap. MySQL does definitely
NOT
include any software like Gator etc.

If Gator is on your PC than a person who is using your PC has knowingly or
not
installed it. Gator comes very often with some "free software", but
certainly
not with MySQL.

If there would be Gator etc. included in the e-mail than probably any of
the
18.000 list subscribers would immediately ring the bell at MySQL AB.

So think again, uninstall the rubbish on your PC and than you will realize

hats this is not related to MySQL at all. Gator and other spyware has
included
mechanisms to place adds on your screens exactly referencing the topics of

your interest (which they retrieve from your browsing behaviour).

Best regards

Nils Valentin
Tokyo/Japan

2003??? 7??? 12??? ????????? 06:26???Nestor Florez ????????????????????????:
> Interesting!
>
> After reading about gator via this email I ran
> ad-aware on my laptop and it found gator.
>
> Could it be that one of these emails had it in it?
>
> No more gator on my machine
>
> C U later gator  :-)

---
Valentin Nils