I think you're going to have trouble doing this with .asp. I know it can be
done with Perl or PHP, so you might want to look into those programming
languages. MySQL won't do it automatically.

                      "Shahid M. Syed"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       "Paul DuBois" <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>
                      rs.com>                  cc:       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                                               Subject:  Re: Bookmarks

                      07/23/2003 09:04

                      PM

> At 8:45 +0500 7/23/03, Shahid M. Syed wrote:
> >Hello
> >
> >Does any version (production or future) of mysql supports Bookmarks?
>
> What is "Bookmark" capability in a database context?

You can use the Bookmark property to set a bookmark (Bookmark: A property
of
a Recordset object or a form that contains a binary string identifying the
current record.) that uniquely identifies a particular record in the form's
underlying table, query, or SQL statement. Read/write Variant.

Example:
In VB6, I can read a bookmark in a variant like
varBookmark = rsName.Bookmark
Where varBookmark is a variant and rsName is a adodb recordset.

Later I can go back to the same record by
rsName.Bookmark = varBookmark

In ASP, I'm trying to come up with a better solution where there is too
much
data in recordset to display at once in a web page. Exactly like when you
search on Yahoo and at bottom its gives links like: Next, Next 10 and also
page links like 1,2,3.... 14.

If you know any other or better way for doing this, please let me know.