Hi Tony,

First, as I just saw that everything is on C:\. In this case you wont even
need the two settings basedir and datadir as far as my understanding goes.

I remember that after having registered the service itself  "mysqld
--install", I used the command "net start mysql" to start the service. I
am not sure anymore if I had to go to the services and set it to automatic
startup mode or not.

I have no Windows machine installed right now to quickly check it. Also I did
this on Windows 2000, but I believe thats more or less the same ;-) - I hope
nobody is flaming me for that statement. ;-)

Thats all really I can remember

1) mysqld --install
2) net start mysql
3) checking if the mysql servie is set to automatic startup in the services
processlist.

I hope that this helps a bit. Le me know how it went.

Best regards

Nils Valentin
Tokyo/Japan

2003年 8月 11日 月曜日 19:50、Tony Groves さんは書きました:

--
---