Hello List,
I have a movies database, that I had an autoincrementing field for
counting purposes.What I did though was remove some of the rows out of
the table, now my table is reporting an incorrect number of movies
listed.What I am trying to do is after is have done the following
command

Mysql> delete from movies where movie_number = 74 limit 1;
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)
I get the following using mysqldump:

INSERT INTO movies VALUES ('Six feet under','Drama','Peter
Krause','Michael C. Hall','Frances Conroy','Alan Ball','A drama series
that takes a darkly comical look at members of a dysfunctional Pasadena
family that runs an independent funeral
home.','http://us.imdb.com/Title?0248654',73);
INSERT INTO movies VALUES ('Tomb Raider','Action','Angelina Jolie','Jon
Voight','Iain Glen','Simon West','A member of a rich British
aristocratic family, Lara Croft is a \"tomb raider\" who enjoys
collecting ancient artifacts from ruins of temples, cities, etc.
worldwide, and doesn\'t mind going through death-defying dangers to get
them. She is skilled in hand-to-hand combat, weapons training, and
foreign languages - and does them all in tight
outfits.','http://us.imdb.com/Title?0146316',75);

There is no 74 Is there a way to force the DB upon removal of a row (74)
to renumber the autoincremented fields?

I have tried to flush tables, but that did not work -

btw I am using the last stable 3 release - but I will be updating to the
latest stable 4 release in the next day or so. THank you
Andrew