Functions can be looked up at www.php.net, trim is at
http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.trim.php

                      "James Johnson"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                      s.com>                   cc:

                                               Subject:  RE: Form values are truncated

                      08/11/2003 12:00

                      PM

Hi Dan, all,

I don't know PERL, just coming back to speed on PHP after 3+ years with
ColdFusion.

Trim() is a function listed in my PHP Functions book, not something I
wrote.
It's supposed to: "removes all whitespace characters from both the left and
right ends of a string..." A space (ASCII 32) is considered a char to
remove, but since it's in the middle of the string, I don't understand why
it's being removed.

"or you could fix or replace the trim function with one that does not
remove
that data."

Is there a library of PHP user defined functions out there?

Thanks,

James