G'day Nils

> just send a reply a minute ago. I got it now. You want to change the way the
> data is presented at the screen and thats a different issue. You would have
> to make this in your apllication, not with mysql itself I believe.
> You basically want the DISTINCT function within the JOINS - but only applied
> for a certain column.
> Thats not possibe yet I believe.
€€€€
Ah, ok, now where getting somewhere:)

I had already tried Distinct but as you say, it can't really work with the
joins I have currently. I'm looking to see if it's possible to simply set
the displayed columns (I'm using PHP) of the redundant stuff to "".

Which leads me to another question. I've never used temporary tables. Would
it be possible for me to do a join and form a temporary table from it?  If
that's possible, I could get all the data I need for a basic Union and I'd
be happy - I think:)

cheers

kim