Hello,

I have experience using MySQL and SQL commands in
general, but I am going through my first experience
with working with multiple character sets.

I am working on a Russian/English translation project
and I'd like to create a table where column1 contains
words in Russian and column2 contains the word
translated into English.  Russian character set should
be cp1251, which I have confirmed is installed on the
MySQL server (3.23.57-Max running on Linux).  At this
time, it is not possible for us to upgrade beyond this
version of the MySQL server.

How do I issue SQL commands in English:

("insert into TableName values...")

values that are of type varchar in both Russian and
English:

(null, "cyrillic_russian_word", "english_word");

Any guidance is appreciated.  Thank you.

Sincerely,
Rachel