hi all ,

i'm trying to improve performance of a quite big and heavily used mysql set of tables.
i want to create some indexes on this table , but before this , i'd like to remove the ones created by my predecessor , which are sometimes duplicate , and somtimes useless.

here is an output from show index :

-+---------------+------------+-------------------+--------------+-------------+
C| Table | Non_unique | Key_name | Seq_in_index | Column_name |
-+---------------+------------+-------------------+--------------+-------------+
A| v2easy0_users | 0 | PRIMARY | 1 | id |
A| v2easy0_users | 0 | PRIMARY | 2 | id |
A| v2easy0_users | 0 | login | 1 | login |
A| v2easy0_users | 0 | id | 1 | date |
A| v2easy0_users | 0 | id | 2 | id |
A| v2easy0_users | 0 | id | 3 | login |
A| v2easy0_users | 1 | login connexion | 1 | login |
A| v2easy0_users | 1 | index id | 1 | id |

first of all , i'm asking myself : why is there 2 primary keys on the same column ?
i'd want to remove the second index , but since it has the same name than the first , how would i do something like that?

then , i'd like to remove the index "login connexion" , and the index "index id" , but the problem is :

mysql> drop index login connexion on v2easy0_users; ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'connexion on v2easy0_users' at line 1

(the same goes with ' and " around the index name)

! of course , mysql doesn't accept spaces in index names , so why did he accepted it on creation ?
it seems that i can't remove those index , which are never used by the optimizer (i used explain) , and which slow down my insert and updates...

should i dump then recreate this table?
i'm a bit stuck here , thanks for your help , and sorry for my english ...

ben