Doug
I copied this from an SAP integration with Orace site
http://saphelp.cob.csuchico.edu/OraHelp/Darwin36/inst36fhp/html/5-odbc.htm

5.5.3 tsnames.ora File
the file
ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/tnsnames.ora must point to the listener (i.e., the
TCP/IP port) on the database server. (ORACLE_HOME is the directory on Unix
where Oracle is installed.) For example,

ora_db0_net=
  (DESCRIPTION=
     (ADDRESS=
       (PROTOCOL=TCP)
       (HOST=test-console.think.com)
       (PORT=1521)
     )
     (CONNECT_DATA=
        (SID=ORCL)
     )
  )
Note: Do not use tabs in the file tnsnames.ora.

*OracleDump is performed by (SID=ORCL)*

Keep us apprised to your progress...

Marty Gainty