So, we have a webmail application that uses a mysql server for holding
it's session information. Obviously this causes many
reads,updates,inserts, and deletes to happen. Here are my lock
statistics.

| Table_locks_immediate    | 73099      |
| Table_locks_waited       | 32187      |

This ratio seems REALLY bad to me. I'm wondering if there is anything I
can do to tune the server a little. I have 4G of memory on my system,
but MySQL only seems to be using about 64M. If giving it more would help
with this a little, how do I do that? I have almost a 30 second avg on
queries right now, and it's basically making my webmail stuff crap out.
Should I just move the sessions away from the database?

-James