You might want to check that the developer tools were installed with Red
Hat 9; if not, you'll have trouble. The RPM is easiest to use, works like a
charm.

                      Jeremy Zawodny

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       Peter Koutsoulias <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>
                      om>                      cc:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                                               Subject:  Re: Compling on RedHat 9

                      09/11/2003 06:24

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      mysql

On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 10:22:13AM -0400, Peter Koutsoulias wrote:
> I couldn't find an appropriate mailing list for compiling MySQL, so I
> thought I'd try here.
>
> anyone successfully compile MySQL 4 on RedHat 9?  I keep getting errors
on
> libmysql.c during the make step.  Google doesn't reveal a whole lot about
> compiling MySQL on RedHat which leaves me to believe most people use
RPMs.

A while ago, when I had access to a RH9 box I compiled it without much
trouble--at least none that I still remebmer.

You might post compilation the errors you're seeing...

Jeremy
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/

MySQL 4.0.15-Yahoo-SMP: up 4 days, processed 165,947,775 queries (450/sec.
avg)