Hi,

I have an odd problem with mysqld_multi.
I am trying to set up several MySQL servers on my new development server,
for testing purposes.

I currenty have only one, 4.0.9, just want to get this one going first.
However, when I try to start mysqld_multi, it seems it does not recognise
the mysqld=xxx option in the [mysqld40009] section of my my.cnf file.

It simply complains it can't find a mysqld option!

[bin] ./mysqld_multi --no-log start 40009

MySQL 4.0.9 is installed in:
/usr/local/mysql/40009

Here is /etc/my.cnf:

[mysqld40009]
datadir=/usr/local/mysql/40009/data
socket=/usr/local/mysql/40009/mysql.sock
user=mysql
basedir=/usr/local/mysql/40009
port=3306
log=log
log-bin=binlog
mysqld=/usr/local/mysql/40009/bin/mysqld_safe

[mysqld_multi]

I can only get it to work when the mysqld= part is in a [mysqld_multi]
section, or on the command line. This is of course pointless, as I want each
server to run its own version. My mysqld_multi is version 2.5, which
according to the docs should be able to do this.

This does work for example:

[bin]./mysqld_multi --no-log --mysqld=/usr/bin/mysql/40009/bin/mysqld_safe -
-mysqladmin=/usr/bin/mysql/40009/bin/mysqladmin start 40009

Any ideas?

Mant thanks,
Mark