You need to substitute t1_id, t3_id ... etc, for the appropriate field
names in the
other_table you are wanting to insert the values into.
The missing fields will be filled in with their default values:

INSERT INTO other_table (t1_id, t3_id, t2_id, g_description, g_price,
g_qty, g_comments)
SELECT distinct t1.id, t3.id, t2.id, g.description, g.price, g.qty,
g.comments FROM cp.Category t1, Gifts g, cp.Manufacturer t2, cp.Pattern
t3 WHERE t1.name = g.Category and t2.name = g.Manfacturer and t3.name =
g.pattern;

Kelley