From: "Bernd Tannenbaum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 12:42 PM
Subject: export to textfile

Hello all,

Have only a small problem with my mysql and hope that i can get a lil hint
from ya how to go on.
Currently i`m importing Log-files in the mysql-database with a cronjob
(bashscript in Linux). After some processing in the db itself i try now to
export the results into a textfile.
But i must be blind reading the mysql documentation cause i cannot find a
mysqlexport. Hmm, Mysqldump can be used to backup the db, thats not what i
need. Then i found "mysql -e" and it rly writes the chosen fields to a
textfile but i dont know how to get options to that (like
fileds-terminated-by=';' or stuff like that).

So did i miss something?
Is there a better way to go than "mysql -e"?
If not, where can i find a good explanation of the possible options of this,
every hint welcome.

Hope for a lil help,
Bernd

--

One OS to rule them all, one OS to find them.
One OS to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them