Hello everyone!

I have a table with a MEDIUMBLOB column:

CREATE TABLE mytab (
        oid INTEGER ...
        odata MEDIUMBLOB
);

in the mediumblob field i store an encoded string (bytes).
I would like to perform regular expression searches on this field

here is an example that works (produces matches):

SELECT oid FROM mytab WHERE odata LIKE "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"\ngmosx%";

here is an example that doesnt work (no matches returned):

SELECT oid FROM mytab WHERE odata LIKE "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"\017athens1234%";

the \017 character seems to be the problem since the following produces
matches:

SELECT oid FROM mytab WHERE odata LIKE "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"_athens1234%";

I tried using a MEDIUMTEXT and/or REGEXP but without success!

Any idea how to do string matches on string-encoded binary data?

Thanks in advance for any info!

George Moschovitis