On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 12:08:29PM +1100, Chris Nolan wrote:
> To my knowledge, ext2 does have the [2GB filesize] limitation but
> ext3 does not.

ext2 does not have this limitation.  It was never a limitation of the
filesystem, only kernel/glibc.  On 64bit architectures ext2 has been
handling large files for the past eight(?) years.  On 32 bit
architectures the kernel and libc have been handling large files on
ext2 for at least two years.

I hate to keep posting the same thing to this list, but I keep seeing
the same misinformation that ext2 can't handle large files.  It can.

Cheers,

--Pete