Are you sure you are net exceeding the setting for
maximum connections per hour for that user?

Henrik Skotth wrote:

Hi!

What I meant was that even if there are currently only two user
connections being used, and the limit is 300, we still get the "already
more than max_user_connections" error...

-- Henrik

gerald_clark skrev:

Henrik Skotth wrote:

Hello all,

We recently upgraded to 4.0, it went
very well and the performance gains have been great.
But now the server has started to act strangely. Every few days, the

server starts to refuse connections, saying

that there is already more than max_user_connections, but there is

really only one or two active connections and our max_user_connections
is 300. I have to take down and restart the server to solve the problem,
and it keeps happening over and over again every few days...

Am I the only one having this problem? Any suggestions?

Regards,
-- Henrik Skotth, Hogwarts.nu

Are there 298 or 299 inactive connections?
If so, why are they not being closed?