Braulio Lumbreras wrote:

What is the best way to learn php and mysql?  What book is recommended for
self study of both ?

Braulio

The PHP website is an excelent place. The online manual is real nice, and there are plenty of user comments which I have found useful. The PHP mailing list is a good place to go when your stuck, as well as this mailing list when you need to solve a MySQL problem (after you've googled and searched the archives that is ;). I'm not much for actual print books, but I found, "Web Database Applications with PHP & MySQL" from O'Reilly to be a pretty interesting read.

--
By-Tor.com
It's all about the Rush