Hello,

I have a db(logs) that I have been working on. This db has tables that are
created every month, they are Nov03,Dec03,Jan04, etc..
Each month/table has about 480,000,000 records. Data file is about 80GB the
index file is about 40GB.
Mysql/apache run on a Dell 2550 4gb ram 2cpu's OS - RH 9. I also Raid 5'ed
my Dell which has the mysql 4.0 binarys/apache2.0/php stuff to retrive the
data. I also have the data files on a Netapp which is nfs'ed using tcp, it
is also on a gigabit network, netstat -i never shows collisions.

My tables(MyISAM) have 9 columns, they are all char. type and the tables are
fixed. Every night the tables are loaded with the previuos days
data.. The table has 6 indexs which are length specified.

I'm not that happy with the performance
Using myisampack does this improve querys if a table is myisampacked?? Also
the table cant be compressed until the new month.

Has anyone else had mysql db data files on a Netapp or nfs'ed? and if so
could they share there config tips? Also any Mysql my.cnf tips, I basically
used the my.huge.cnf file.

Thanks,
Ron