I am not very experienced with Linux, but SuSE Linux 9.0 and YaST makes it
very comfortable for me to install various SW-packages. Therefore I try to
install also MySQL with YaST.

There are MySQL packages (Version 4.0.15) included in SuSE Linux 9.0
distribution and I try to install the server and the client with YaST.

But after installation of these packages with YaST - which is the easy part
- one has to configure various parameters for MySQL to work properly e.g.
create the database files, define group and user, grant access ...
Unfortunately the MySQL-manual (which is a big document) does not give any
guidelines for installing with YaST.

After several times re- and de-installing mysql and also SuSE-Linux itself I
still have troubles to get the server running.

Has anyone already done a MySQL-installation with SuSE Linux 9.0 and YaST?
Is there any "quick installation guide" for this task?

I would be very happy to get some help.

Franz