Sorry in advance for the dumb newbie question but . . . I'm using a
content management system and want to avoid the hassle of entering data
by hand when I've already got it in a delimited text file.  I get the
basic concept of using mysqlimport.  However, the source file's data
doesn't match the target file's structure.  Of particular concern for me
is that the target table has record id files the would need to be
incremented.

I get the task on the conceptual level.  E.g., map the incoming columns
with the appropriate fields in the target table and increment the record
id number.  I'm a web designer not a programmer. I'm not at all sure how
to accomplish this task. Though I would like to learn.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Bob Cohen
b.p.e.Creative
http://www.bpecreative.com
Design and production services for the web
Put creative minds to work for you