Hi

We have been running MySql since 1998 and have never had any data corruption

We have servers running millions of queries a day and they are bullet proof.

> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to get a software designer to write us some software using
> > MySQL as the database server (he currently requires MS SQL). It is all
> > windows based software (written in VB).
> >
> > So far his arguments against it are this (not my words):
> >
> > -No explicit transactional support

wrong

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/ANSI_diff_Transactions.html

> > -MySQL is still buggy

wrong

MySql code audit showed it was 6 times less buggy than most commercial
software

http://www.reasoning.com/newsevents/pr/12_15_03.html

just whisper the word 'slammer' in his ear and see what response you get :)

> > -MyODBC is buggy and not used in production environments

don't know - we use php, but I have used MyODBC occasionally without
problems

> > -Only way to connect using ODBC is third party drivers that cost over
> > half as much as MS SQL

wrong
MyODBC is available under GPL
http://www.mysql.com/products/myodbc/index.html

unless you sell your software in which case licence fees may be due, but
they are very reasonable.

HTH

Peter