This is a fuzzy issue.

There are questions regarding redistribution. Any distribution requires
that you either comply with the terms of the GPL or that you get a
licence.

Additionally, MySQL AB have recently changed the licence terms of their
libraries - now absolutely everything that the fine and funky folk at
MySQL AB ship falls under the GPL. Previously, many libraries appeared
under the LGPL, allowing you to link against them without needing to use
a GPL-compatible licence.

Hope this helps! I went through a very similar issue recently myself.

Regards,

Chris