On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 10:06:04PM -0500, Michael Stassen wrote:

> Meanwhile, perhaps a simpler workaround would be to change how you build
> the query in Perl so as to avoid the quotes.

Well, I know that this would be easy but I have good reasons to avoid this.
The most important one is lru statement-caching in PApp::SQL
(a DBI "frontend" that makes sense in many ways including proper
 utf-8 handling).

The other funny thing I noted: errno was set on udf-entry and my
function returned NULL because I checked errno after stroull...
It may be a feature for others but I call this: bug. .)

mysql> select udf_errno();
+-------------+
| udf_errno() |
|          22 |