Matthew Stuart wrote:

I am trying to create a html search results page with the following:

SELECT *
FROM tbl_allarticles
WHERE (fld_headline LIKE'%userinput%' OR fld_summary LIKE'%userinput%' OR fld_body LIKE'%userinput%') AND fld_category LIKE 'catvalue'

The above works fine, but the below code is giving me some jip… (It is simply a command to look for dates between user inputted start and end dates, but it is not working) it just follows on from the above code:

AND fld_reldate BETWEEN 'startdatevalue' AND 'enddatevalue'

I have tried to enclose it with brackets in several different places, without brackets too.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Mat

What problem are you having exactly? An error, or just not getting the results you expected?
Maybe you need to format the date in yyyymmdd format before giving it to MySQL.

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer