Hi,

I know this question has been posed in the past, but I haven't been able to
find an answer for it yet.

Is there any way in MySQL to pre-load a table's index file into the key
cache at startup?  I know the key cache will build itself while exectuing
queries, but this will obviously slow down the first query that would
otherwise be using the index.  Short of manually executing all the possible
queries (not a realistic option) before the system is enabled, does MySQL
offer a start-up option that would pre-load the index table into its key
cache such that the first queries do not suffer from the index loading?

Of course, I realize that the key cache memory would need to be large enough
to handle such a table.

Thanks,

Eric