Hi, thanks for your reply, but it looks like:

> As of Version 3.23.23, MySQL has support for full-text indexing and searching.

--according to:

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Fulltext_Search.html

However, I would be unsurprised (though disappointed) to find that the answer is some variant of "this won't work with your configuration"--my setup certainly doesn't seem to be responding to the normal setup instructions for fulltext search.