Hi,

I'm at the stage where I need to create redundancy in my network / DB
server.  Am currently using MySQL 4.0.x, and have been trying to figure out
how I can safely replicate/synchronize between different machines.  I know
there is a way to do a Master / Slave replication, but I'm looking more for
something that will allow 2 way replication.

My problem is that I need to have my DB always available.  If my primary
server (master) goes down, I need another server (hosted in a different
geographical location) to pick up the slack until my primary server comes
back alive.  If I do a simple master/slave replication, getting the slave to
synchronize back to the master once the master comes back alive is a
nightmare.

MS SQL allows full 2 way synchronization between different servers.  Is
there anything I can do in MySQL that will produce a similar result?

Thanks,

Eric