At 9:39 -0600 3/17/04, David Bourne wrote:
I saw this too in an Apple tech note. It would have been nice if they had included version numbers. Was this change made with a version of MySQL that are publicly available? I seem to remember seeing a dump/reload requirement a few versions ago.

db

Can someone post a URL for this tech note, please? I haven't noticed any particular problems with MySQL after updating my iBook, but I'd like to know what this is about. Thanks.

On 17/03/2004, at 5:18 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

From: Scott Haneda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 16 March 2004 8:21:06 PM
To: MySql <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: OS X 10.3.3 and byte ordering update

I saw a little blip about issues with MySql when updateing OS X to 10.3.3. It seems the byte order has changed and you will have to export and import all your data. I got the impression this only applies to OS X Server, and not client, so only the MySql installed by Apple. Anyone have any more data on this, or is it safe to update to 10.3.3 on a OS X client machine?

--
Paul DuBois, MySQL Documentation Team
Madison, Wisconsin, USA

MySQL Users Conference: April 14-16, 2004
http://www.mysql.com/uc2004/