Hi,

I'm running into a strange problem with my JVM and MySQL.  I'm using
Macromedia JRun 4 as my JVM and everytime I restart the Jrun service, my
application runs smoothly.  However, after an indeterminate amount of time
(seemingly random - sometimes a couple of hours, sometimes 12-15 hours), my
system is suddenly no longer able to access the MySQL database - my queries
are not being executed.  No error messages are thrown, nor any timeout's
being hit.

My problem is that I am not sure where to start debugging this problem.
When it happens, I can see the MySQL threads (show full processlist) as
being asleep for extended periods of time.  MySQL itself is alive, and I am
able to access it by manual queries through the command-line interface.

This leads me to think that the problem either lies in my Connection Pool or
within the JConnector itself.  Is there any form of debugging I can enable
in the JConnector to see if the JVM is actually attempting to make a
connection and a query?  Or if a thread is being successfully retrieved by
my Connection Pool?

I'm running on MySQL 4.0.18 and JConnector 3.0.9.

I am using autoReconnect=true and autoReconnectForPools=true as options to
the JConnector.  I have also set the MySQL wait_timeout high (to 604800 = 1
week) to ensure that it isn't a timeout problem I am seeing.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Eric