Donny,

I think you misunderstand the point of my comment, and possibly Stormblade's
too.

The point is that there are some things that are misleading, and it would be
kinder for MySQL to report errors than silently performing something
unexpected and continuing without warning - at least if you run "rm -rf /*"
you'll notice pretty quickly that everything has disappeared and learn not
to do it again :D

> If you use a client like PHPMyadmin or one of the other 80
> million that are
> around you won't have to worry about error checking because they have
> already done it for you.

Using MySQL + JDBC to make a very custom app, sorry.

> if you don't have error checking in yourself, that's your problem
> not mysql's problem.

True, but still doesn't help when someone inexperienced with MySQL makes a
mistake and buggers the database... again.  I don't see why you object to
making things easier to use, even if it is only activated by a -n00b option
in mysql_safe.

Thanks,

Mike