At 10:38 -0400 4/29/04, Lou Olsten wrote:
Per a response from Victoria (thanks, BTW!) I see that I can reload my InnoDB RI's data by turning off SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS = 0 during the restore. I then tried to go to the machine where the dumps were going to be restored and set this variable in the [client] section of my.cnf. But when I try to connect after that, I get an:

"ERROR: unknown variable 'foreign_key_checks=0'.

I then tried using:

set variable=foreign_key_checks=0

...but got the same result.

Is there a list of variables that I *can* use in the [client] section, or am I just doing something wrong.

There is an example that shows how to use the variable on this page:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/InnoDB_foreign_key_constraints.html

I got to this page by going to:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/index.html

Then I typed foreign_key_checks into the search box and clicked the Go
button.  The first page in the list of hits is the one shown above.

--
Paul DuBois, MySQL Documentation Team
Madison, Wisconsin, USA