"Tucker, Gabriel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Marvin
>
> I believe that is the problem with the restore.  When I create the =
> archive file using the mysqldump command and options previously listed, =
> I get the create table in the order listed below and thus, the foreign =
> key constraint is created on table cur_reject_tk_sum before the =
> object_type table has been created.
>
> Now my questions are:
> [1] Is the above scenario my problem?
> [2] Is so, how can I correct it?  Is this a problem with the way I am =
> using mysqldump? [see commands below]  Or, is this a problem with how I =
> am restoring the database? [Which, I create a "default" mysql database =
> on its own port and then run from the prompt "mysql --port=3D =
> --socket=3D -p < archive_file.sql"

Add to the beginning of the dump file command:

SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS = 0;

and then restore tables.

Or in the mysql client execute the following commands:

SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS = 0;
SOURCE archive_file.sql;
SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS = 1;

  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Victoria Reznichenko
       <___/   www.mysql.com