I am using Mysql on RH Linux 9. I am getting the following error.
Command and result are given below alongwith \s output for diagnostic
purposes.

I have created a dns database and am trying to create a user mysql user
dns with all privileges on it.

mysql> use mysql

Database changed
mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON dns.* TO [EMAIL PROTECTED] IDENTIFIED BY
PASSWORD "dns";
ERROR 1133: Password hash should be a 16-digit hexadecimal number

mysql> \s
--------------
mysql  Ver 11.18 Distrib 3.23.58, for redhat-linux-gnu (i386)

Connection id:          3
Current database:       mysql
Current user:           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Current pager:          stdout
Using outfile:          ''
Server version:         3.23.58
Protocol version:       10
Connection:             Localhost via UNIX socket
Client characterset:    latin1
Server characterset:    latin1
UNIX socket:            /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
Uptime:                 11 hours 8 min 57 sec

Threads: 1  Questions: 27  Slow queries: 0  Opens: 22  Flush tables: 1
Open tables: 16 Queries per second avg: 0.001

Help please..I am not only a mySQL newbie but a SQL/DB newbie as well.

With regards.
Sanjay.