I have 2 tables - ProductsOLD and ProductsNEW. I need to find the records that are in the ProductsOLD table and are NOT in ProductsNEW (this will tell me which products have been discontinued).

Here's some sample data:
+==============+
| ProductsOLD  |
+==============+
+ Vendor | ID  |
+--------+-----+
| AAD    | 1   |
| AAD    | 2   |
| AAD    | 3   |*
| BBD    | 1   |*
| BBD    | 2   |
| BBD    | 3   |*
+--------+-----+
(* = these are the products that are NOT in the ProductsNEW table)

+==============+ | ProductsNEW | +==============+ + Vendor | ID | +--------+-----+ | AAD | 1 | | AAD | 2 | | AAD | 5 | | BBD | 2 | | BBD | 7 | | BBD | 10 | +--------+-----+

I need to know the query that would result in:

+==============+
+ Vendor | ID  |
| AAD    | 3   |
| BBD    | 1   |
| BBD    | 3   |

There is no primary key for either ProductsNEW or ProductsOLD. The data comes from our distributor, and they don't have any field which would be unique from record to record. If a primary key is essential, I can pre-process the tables to create one.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!
-Jeff Gannaway

http://RadioU.com
This Is Where Music Is Going - Listen Online!