You can test if you can "see" the server from your other user's machine by
trying to connect to it with telnet. On the other user's machine, open a
telnet session to the server's address on port 3306 and press ENTER a few
times. You should be able to pick the server's executable name and version
number out of the response.  If you cannot make this connection, you have
issues other than MySQL authentication.
(http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Can_not_connect_to_server.html)

MySQL allows you to specify for which addresses a user account will be
valid. If you grant permissions to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" then someone can
log in using that name only from that one address. To allow users to log in
from multiple addresses MySQL, allows for wildcards in the "host" field of
the "user" table.
(http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Connection_access.html)

Here is a defacto FAQ about debugging various "access denied" problems:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Access_denied.html

I have no experience with that particular product (cPanels interface) but
it _should_ allow you to run the MySQL commands GRANT and REVOKE to let you
manually work around any UI issue, if one
exists.(http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/GRANT.html)

Sorry I couldn't be more directly helpful,
Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine

                      Matthew Stanfield

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       Frederic Wenzel <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>
                      re.net>                  cc:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                                               Fax to:

                      07/13/2004 05:51         Subject:  Re: Access hosts wildcard.

                      PM

Frederic Wenzel wrote:
>  > [...] how do I just 'allow any host'? [...]
>  > maybe it's just '%'?
>
> AFAIK, that's it.

Thanks Frederic.

Does anyone know any different as this doesn't seem to be working? --But
maybe the problem lies elsewhere. :(

..matthew