For tv-out of SDTV, you can use a much cheaper card than that.

But more to the point, I believe most versions of that card have a
fan on them, which you probably don't want in an HTPC.  Fans make
noise, and GPU fans are small and thus noisier.

In theory the FX cards have some fancier xvmc logic but I don't think
that's yet exploited.  It might also be in the GF4 cards though.

Drivers tend to work better with the FX cards, as they test them more
with the more recent cards.

I can get that card for 88 us dollars and it seems to be a good price.... I will look for less expensive cards but it seems the cards 20 $ less have 1/2 the memory.

Jim