Native Resolution: 1280x720 (16x9 aspect ratio)
H 30.0 - 70.0kHz
V 50 - 87Hz
Dot Clock <= 100

Every 720p resolution that I have tried is being rejected by X.org server with a message that the "horizontal sync start (NNNN) not a multiple of 8", where NNNN is the horizontal sync start for the Modeline.

It's a hardware limitation from what an nvidia guy told me. If you read it carefully, it says horizontal sync... not picture length. So, if your modeline is something like this (sorry, it's not 720p):

ModeLine "ATSC-1080-60i" 74.25 1920 1960 2016 2200 1080 1082 1088 1125 Interlace

The "1960" number is the one it's talking about. That one must be a multiple of 8. The active picture size will still be 1920x1080 if you change the 1960 to 1962 or whatever. I think there are a few other limits on multiples of 8s, but the error message changes IIRC.

All that number is doing is changing the size of the black off the rightside of the screen. If you round it up/down to the nearest multiple of 8, you should be set... the picture will move ever so slightly left or right.

-Cory