On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 14:52:41 -0800, Kenneth Hong
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip>
> I may go with this suggestion (ie. go for a more powerful front-end), but I
> still have a few questions about the Xbox option before I discard the idea
> altogether:

<snip>
> (I have no soldering experience, but I'm willing to try anything that
> doesn't get me too far over my head.)

the soldering isn't really that difficult.  it's intimidating, but not
difficult if you take your time.  check out xbox-scene.com for
tutorials and howtos on soldering/modding.

i haven't had the time to install Linux/Myth on my xbox yet.  i'm
still trying to get my main MythBox configured and working. :)  there
just aren't enough hours in a day...