>>> "Evan Stenmark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 2/3/2005 11:14:22 PM >>>
>>Does anyone else on campus run myth?
>I don't know of anyone that does

>>Is there an xml source for the tv listings?
>I don't understand.  Please explain what the xml source is.

Call zap2it.  The university is probably big enough that
it desrves it's own set of listings.  There must be more people
there running either myth or mce or tivo or replay or sage...
They would all benefit from the listings showing up correctly.

>It's not listed on Zap2it if that's what you mean (that's what MythTV

>gets the program listing from right?)

I was thinking that maybe the university provided a TV schedule
somewhere on it's "internal" university network web someplace.
I know there are a few college campuses that do this.

>>Maybe you could run some
>>sort of port-processing routine to change the channels
>>in the database with a simple mysql script after
>>mythfilldatabase every day.
>>
>I was thinking about that.  I have a small amount of mysql knowledge.
>imagine that could be the best/easiest way.

If not, I think there's a way to modify the channels within Myth.
Actually, I know there is.  Although after writing all this, zap2it
may just be the right avenue to go with to start.

Paul