On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 11:33:37 -0500, Travis Osterman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Mythtv comes up . but the problem is it says : =-
> > Couldnot connect to the master backend server -- is it running? is the
> > IP address set for it in the setup program correct?
> > could anyone please help me in this regard
>

> Could you tell us what operating system you're using?

distribution would be helpful.  and maybe a list of your hardware..?
i have the Chaintech 7NIFS mobo with built in ethernet.  on my first
install i didn't have network connectivity because the onboard
ethernet hadn't been enabled in the BIOS.  i had the same error... so
you may want to check BIOS settings if you're using onboard
components.