On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 13:45:39 +0000, Greg Cope <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In the interium I am thinking of getting a 19" LCD Monitor for £200 to
> replace my 21" TV - I know the formats are not quite the same so the
> 19" will be smaller, but I need a tv that accepts Svideo (mine does
> not!).

The 17"-19" monitors are not good choices for TV since they are 5:4
geometry, and will give you black bars on 4:3, big black bars on 16:9
and so on. You should really try to stretch your budget to something
like the Dell FP2001,or even better the Dell FPW2005, which is just a
little bit more expensive.

That said, I'm using a wallmounted  18" samsung 181T as my kitchen TV
happily, but it was a monitor not seeing any other use.

--
peråge