On Saturday 12 February 2005 0:52, TJ wrote:
> Well, just setup my frontend on OSX and what do you know? I
> accidentally go into video manager and destroy my whole database b/c
it
> sets the place where the vid's are stored to my mac. So after a few
> hours of getting my backups, bypassing the mysql password I forgot
etc.
> I finally got it all back. But my question is: Is there any way to
> disable video manager on a frontend so as not to have this happen
> again? Thanks.

Just had the same thing happen to me, running on a remote frontend which
temporarily lost its NFS mount the the mythvideo directory.  At the
very least, I think maybe the code should check for the special case
where *no* videos are found, but the database contains videos, which is
the usual case if the directory is not available.

In the mean time, you can easily disable the video manager on a
per-frontend (or even per-user) basis.  Just copy
<install-prefix>/share/mythtv/util_menu.xml to
${HOME}/.mythtv/util_menu.xml, and edit the copied file to remove the
entry for the Video Manager.

-JAC