I think this is a fact of life but just asking in case:

Does anybody else have problems with the de-interlacing messing up the OSD?

The story:  I have a DVB-T myth box connected up via DVI to a plasma
screen. I almost never turn on the deinterlacing. Most of the time
it's not needed [depending on the broadcast source].

Certain times there will be very bad/obvious interlacing issues.
Usually with rolling credits, crawling news tickers, or for some
reason The Simpsons really shows it..

In those cases I've tried the bob de-interlacing and it improves the
image quality, but at the same time the on screen guide now becomes a
flickery jittery mess.

Any body else see this? It's like the OSD is put through the
deinterlacer instead of being added after.