Lee wrote:

I understand what you are saying, but could you please explain to me how or why Myth is switching to a different modeline during video playback? It shouldn't be doing that should it? The modeline I'm running is 4:3, and the picture doesn't go off the screen when viewing the X desktop or the Myth UI. Why would it suddenly switch to a different modeline for video playback? Shouldn't it just scale the 16:9 video to fit the 4:3 modeline?

Is it the Myth video player or Xine? As I understand it, if you try and view 16:9 content it will change resolution, rather than rescale the video. Your modelines say that's OK, so that's what it's doing... If you don't want it to do that, then remove the modelines (except the 800x600) and it won't be able to...

Or switch off the option to use Xrandr...

Mike