Ricardo Kleemann wrote:

Hi,

I'm having a problem where mythtv is "mysteriously" changing my amixer settings, somehow... I'm not sure why and how it's happening, but I have to constantly be running amixer commands in order to get the volume set right.

So I'll set amixer the way I want it, but as soon as I pause liveTV and come out of pause, the amixer settings get reset once again. It seems also that unless I run amixer AFTER mythfrontend is started, I'll lose my initial settings.

Does myth run commands internally that cause resetting of the values?

How can I ensure that my settings "stick" throughout usage of mythtv?

Uncheck the option:

Use internal volume controls
MythTV can control the PCM and master mixer volume. If you prefer to use an external mixer "program, then disable this option.

Although that means that you always have to use an external program to change volume.

Probably what you want to do, instead, is quit messing with amixer and do what you've told Myth you plan to do--use internal volume controls... Use F11/F10 to raise/lower volume. After configuring Myth to use either the PCM or Master control, change the other control with amixer to 90% or so and adjust the Myth-controlled control using volume up/down (F11/F10).

Mike